Thursday, October 24, 2013

Making Faces by Amy Harmon




“God has given you one face and you make yourself another.” - Hamlet”

You know when you finished a book that's so beautiful you just smile with tears running down your cheeks and you feel like someone put out the heavy weight in your heart and leaves you breathless? I felt that after I turn the last page of this book. 

The words that are delivered in this book is breath taking and very deep. Very well written and I love how each characters have a meaningful purpose in this book. Each phrases, poems, biblical quotations are very powerful that it deeply crushed my heart to pieces. I was crying every chapter because it's just utterly beautiful. I learned so many things about life from this book and one of them is that being beautiful is not just from the outside but it's the way you do and show good things to people are what makes you special and beautiful. 

And to Bailey Sheen. He's the hero in this book. He is the one that inspires me the most. And not because he's the super hero with supernatural powers but it's about living the most of it and encourage people to do what their heart says. His purpose for being what he is, is what makes him the hero. To think he's in that state of illness, he's the one who pushes his friends to strive harder. He never show weakness because even in the irony of his condition, he sees the beauty of the person's heart and not by how he looks and his appearance. I LOVED BAILEY SHEEN SO MUCH. He taught me greater things that makes me appreciate life more and more:
To live, Have courage, Be a good friend, and Always be grateful..

I also realize when I was flipping through the pages, that every chapter's title is about Bailey's list of things to do before he died. It's so amazing! Take a look of it yourself in the table of contents after you finished reading it. 

For Fern Taylor, she is amazing in every way. I somehow find Fern in me because we're the same about romance books, always hoping that someday we will meet our favorite fictional character in real life.

“I think that's why Fern has always liked to read so much. Books allow you to be whoever you want to be, to escape yourself for a while. You know how Fern loves to read those romance novels?”


Even though at times she questions herself about how people treated her like she's fragile and ugly, she never treated others the same way they do to her. She's compassionate and caring for Bailey. She showed Ambrose what love is all about. 

“You act like beauty is the only thing that makes us worthy of love, I've loved you since you quoted Hamlet like you understood him, since you said you loved Ferris wheels more than roller coasters because life shouldn't be lived at full speed, but in anticipation and appreciation…"


And for every character in this story, I love them all! The connection I felt is very real and the author did not leave them hanging. The pacing of the story is very good and I like how it includes flashbacks from the character's POV. 

If I would be a movie producer, I will definitely not pass this up! It's very inspirational! 


THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ THIS YEAR!
INFINITE BEAUTIFUL STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment